Abhishek Anand has more than 15 of experience in Journalism, Corporate Communications and Public Relations put together. He started his career with Pioneer newspaper and subsequently worked with publications like Finance Express and Mint. Subsequently, he switched to other side of the table and worked with leading PR firms as well as corporate houses, which provided him 360 view of the communication industry. Abhishek has also successfully handled political campaign of some of the leading political figure, which has enhanced his understanding of socio-political issues.
- BA (H) (Economics) (University of Delhi),
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Pioneer Media School, N Delhi)
Work and Interests
Work and Interests
- Partner – Slough PR – Since October 2020
- Head – Media relations – ICCPL – February 2019 to October 2020
- Senior Manager – Omaxe Ltd – January 2016 to January 2019
- Senior Manager –Brand Communications – Madison Public Relations – December 2013 to January 2016
- Deputy Manager – Corporate Communications – Bhilwara Energy Ltd. (An LNJ Bhilwara Group company) – May 2012 – November 2013
- Staff Writer – Mint newspaper – January 2011- April 2012
- Correspondent / Senior Correspondent – Financial Chronicle – March 2008 – February 2010
- Trainee Reporter – Financial Express – January 2007 – March 2008
- Trainee Reporter cum Sub-Editor – Pioneer Newspaper – November 2005 – January 2007
- Slough PR As a founding member, responsible for all kinds of activities from client management to media relations to business development.
- ICCPL As the Head of Media Relations was responsible for developing of media strategy for various clients and ensure its implementation as well.
- Omaxe Ltd Was responsible for all its external and internal communication requirements, including digital media and crisis communication.
- a) Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (a power distribution company in Delhi) – Brand Building and Crisis Communications
- b) Cargill India
- c) MP Govt.
Crisis Communication in the wake of a campaign by political parties against Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd. Changing perception through a holistic communication campaign
- Communication advisory and media relations: Bhilwara Energy Ltd. Responsibilities included all external and internal communications, including media Communications. Website updation and preparation of annual reports was also part of the work profile.
- Mint newspaper: At Mint newspaper, extensively reported on happenings in the banking and insurance sector, particularly from a personal finance perspective
- Financial Chronicle Reported on happenings in BFSI sector including Banking and mutual funds. I covered the banking sector at the ministerial level. Wrote stories from both policy and personal finance perspectives.
- The Financial Express As a part of the economy bureau, extensively reported on policy issues of steel, coal and mines sector, particularly from a policy perspective
- The Pioneer newspaper Reported a host of beats, including Banking, steel, consumer durables, etc.