Ashwini Kumar Sharma
Ashwini Kumar Sharma has more than a decade of experience in journalism (with highly reputed media names such as Hindustan Times’ Mint newspaper and Outlook Money magazine), which gives him an unparalleled view of all media platforms. Time spent in the field of wealth management and financial planning gives him the advantage of experience in the business side. Ashwini has the unique background of having seen the business of finance from all angles. A BBA from Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, Ranchi and PG Diploma in Management of Business Finance from Indian Institute of Finance, Delhi adds strength to his technical know-how.
- MBA – Finance Indian Institute of Finance New Delhi 2007
- BBA – Finance & Marketing Birla Institute Of Technology, MESRA, Ranchi, Jharkhand 2005
- Higher Secondary Examination RSVM Dhanbad, Jharkhand
- Developed expertise in the area of income tax and real estate buying, selling and investing.
- Vast understanding of Income Tax Act and rules, real estate act and others.
- Thorough knowledge of most existing and new financial products offered by banks, financial services and insurance companies.
- Proficient in online and other analytical tools to judge the efficacy of investment options.
- Good at numbers and data analysis. Can handle MS excel well.
- Other than writing articles was responsible for data gathering in Mint around inflation, real estate, tax, fixed income and so on.
- Equally at ease creating personal finance content for different media formats be it newspaper, magazine, books, booklets, website, e-magazine, e-books or mobile devices.
- Worked as “Assistant Editor-Personal Finance” with Mint Newspaper, a financial daily newspaper published by HT Media
- Analyzing and reporting developments in various aspects of personal finance such as—real estate, taxation, mutual funds, insurance and fixed income products.
- Generating story ideas and writing articles regularly on the above-mentioned areas. Interviewing industry experts, CEO’s and founders.
- Contributed regularly to the digital edition of the newspaper
- Promoted to Assistant Editor from Staff writer. Written articles on almost all the aspects of personal finance.
- Done various standalone page-one stories on real Managed special package on tax, budget for the paper.
- Best reporter award (Hindustan Times) for the real estate story on vacant houses
Worked as “Senior Correspondent” with Outlook Money, personal finance fortnightly from the Outlook Group
- Writing articles regularly on personal finance.
Responsible for collating financial data from different sources like Prowess (software on stock data, CMIE), NSE, BSE and bank websites.
- Regularly contributed on the www.outlookmoney.com It involved not only writing stories on subjects that I handle but also included handling readers queries who approached us with their specific questions.
- Handled reader questions on the Social Media initiative of the magazine (https://twitter.com/outlookmoney and https://www.facebook.com/olmindia).
- I have contributed along with the team of writers for guidebooks brought out by Outlook Money which typically sell 50,000-75,000 copies besides generating advertising revenues.
- I have worked on booklets such as “Tax Filling, Fixed Income Investments.”
- Portfolio Management. Designing and developing portfolios which included financial products like fixed deposits, post office savings certificates, stocks, mutual funds, insurance products, gold (ETFs)
- People Management. Guided a sales team of 8-10 relationship managers; took care of their training needs and conducted training programs for them.
- May 2007 – Nov 2008. : Worked as “Sr. Relationship Manager” with “iTRUST financial Advisors Pvt. Ltd.” Gurgaon.
- Job Responsibilities: Acquiring clients and preparing “Financial Plans” with assistance of CFP’s