Sanjeev K Ahuja
He own over two decades of hardcore journalism experience in mainstream media, and worked with India’s topnotch National English Dailies like Hindustan Times, where he was in leadership roles like Bureau Chief and Senior Assistant Editor during his 13-year stint with news 18. He figures in numerous news stories as an expert commentator in newspapers like The New York Times and other Indian platforms.
- Bachelor of Mass Communication, Guru Jambheshwar University, MBA from Indian Institute of Planning & Management (IIPM), New Delhi.
- Schooling from DAV Higher Secondary School, Gurgaon ‘Advance Digital Marketing Training Program’ at Delhi School of Internet Marketing (A Google partner).
- Level 1 of Korrean Language Proficieny Course.
Work and Interests
Work and Interests
- Asian Recorder and Publications Staff Correspondent 1996 – 2000 (English Weekly Tabloid)
- Korea.Net Appointed Honorary Reporter from India for Korea.net- a Korean Govt’s information and news service run by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in May 2020.
- The Hindustan Times Senior Assistant Editor 2005 – 2018
Headed a team of journalists at HT Bureau covering Delhi NCR (Gurgaon and Noida) before moving to New Delhi to cover Central Government ministries like Consumer Affairs, IT & Electronics, Skills Development and Commerce & Industry. Also responsible for ideating, conceiving and executing special news stories, short and long-term editorial/ campaigns, driving social media push to news content and coordinating with other news bureaus in Delhi, Mumbai and Chandigarh.
- The Pioneer Correspondent 2000 – 2005 (English Daily)
- In the Global News 2011 The New York Times covered my views as a leading Indian journalist in its full-page article “India, Dynamism Wrestles with Dysfunction – By Jim Yardley” in its June 8, 2011 edition.
- Removal of Toll plaza 2013-14 Spearheaded a record 56-day full-page campaign against India’s biggest 32-lane Toll Plaza on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway (NH-8): HT had turned its attention to a problem that had become a bane for commuters who would get stranded for hours-long traffic jams on this expressway. The campaign titled as ‘Taking a Toll’ also included drive including people signing online and offline petitions and the same were presented to the then union MORTH minister and Haryana chief minister. It was in Feb 2014, this toll plaza was shut down allowing free passage to lakhs of commuters.
- Milestone News 2005 Israel: Rabbis look for the lost flock (In India): An exodus from the Promised Land left Jewish religious leaders worried. Israeli youth, fresh out of their three- year mandatory army service, are leaving their strife-torn country and reaching India in droves in search of peace. (June 4, 2005)
- Editorial Awards 2009 Credited for creating week-long ‘Gurgaon Collapsing’ editorial series in Hindustan Times in the year 2008 highlighting the infrastructural deficiencies in evolving city. It won the highest intra-organisational honour i.e. Gold Star Award in 2009 by Hindustan Times.
- Global Media Award 2009 The special ‘Gurgaon Collapsing’ editorial series won the most coveted International News media Marketing Association (INMA) Award in GOLD in the public relations and community service category at INMA World Congress in Miami, Florida (USA)
- South Korean recognition: Certificate of Appreciation from His Excellency Shin Bong-Kil, Ambassador, Embassy of Republic of Korea and Mr. Kim Kum Pyoung, Director, Korean Cultural Centre (KCC) India for devoted endeavor to promote Korean culture in India through Media in November 2020.
- An Achiever throughout Meritorious rise: Joined Hindustan Times (HT) in 2005, promoted as Senior Correspondent in 2008, Principal Correspondent in 2009, Special Correspondent in 2010, Bureau Chief in 2011, Assistant Editor in 2013 and Senior Assistant Editor in 2015